SONSAF provides a focal point and representative forum for non-state actors to express the views and concerns of people in Somaliland. We bring our members together to hold broad-based consultations which form the basis of the policy recommendations to the international community and national authorities. SONSAF also takes part in local activities contributing to peace and development in Somaliland such as election monitoring.
- Developed 2011 work plan
- Participated in the UN and World Bank Reconstruction and Development Program (RDP) consultations on behalf of non-state actors in 2010–2011
- Held Second General Assembly in September 2010, at which we passed a revised constitution and elected new Board Officers, including a new Chairperson. Selected, trained and deployed almost 700 local observers throughout Somaliland during the June 2010 presidential elections.
- Reviewed Somaliland elections over the past eight years and made viable recommendation for future elections.
- Organised a civil society showcase at a national trade fair.
- SONSAF Board Officers and Secretariat attended different international conferences on security and development policy as well as exposure visits with the assistance of EU, DFID and SAFERWORLD.
- Developed and approved SONSAF’s legal framework
- Held First General Assembly and elected Board Officers.